The Best Filament Tapes on Tape Jungle
Posted by Tape Jungle on 09/27/2021
Starting a business can be overwhelming and unpredictable. No matter how much research you do, there will always be something you need that you didn’t know you needed.
One item that has many uses you may not be aware of is filament tape.
Every business should have at least one roll of filament tape on hand, and here’s why. Filament tape is extremely strong and can be used in various ways, including:
- Securing pallets
- Bundling automotive parts
- Bundeling wires and conduits
Tensilized Polypropylene Appliance Tape
This high-performance tape comes in two colors, ivory and blue, and has seven width options. It utilizes a rubber-based adhesive. Features of this tape include:
- Adhesive transfer resistant
- Chemical resistant
Possible uses and applications for this tape are:
- Securing appliances during transport
- Securing and bundling office equipment and furniture
- Use with compatible L-Clip equipment
Bi-Directional Filament Tape
This bi-directional filament tape has reinforced fibers in cross directions that make it extremely strong. Purchasing options include four width sizes, two lengths, and three pack sizes. Product features for this tape include:
- Extreme flexibility allowing it to conform to any surface
- Good tensile strength
- High quick grab
- Can secure and strengthen heavy packages.
Uni-directional Filament Tape
This tape is reinforced with fiberglass and has a rubber-based adhesive. It is sold in four grades and nine size options with various tensile strengths.
The four grades include:
- Economy: A strapping tape that is commodity grade with a 92-pound tensile strength, 69 ounces per inch adhesion, and four percent elongation.
- General Purpose: A bundling, palletizing, and strapping tape with a 130-pound tensile strength, 91 ounces per inch adhesion, and six percent elongation.
- Industrial: A bundling, palletizing, and strapping tape with 91 ounces per inch adhesion and seven percent elongation.
- Heavy: A bundling, palletizing, and strapping tape with 40 ounces per inch adhesion and four and a half percent elongation.
Tensilized Polypropylene Tape – Light Duty
For lighter bundling tasks, check out this tape. It has a rubber-based adhesive that acts like a rubber band. It comes in four color options and seven sizes.
Potential applications for this tape are:
- Floor marking
- Color identification needs
- Light demand applications
- Initiating corrugated containers
- Palletizing and bundling
Tensilized Polypropylene Tape – Heavy Duty
For heavy-duty bundling that needs to be color-coded, you’ll need a more robust but highly elastic tape. The thickness of this tape allows it to provide a tight hold of heavier bundles. Additionally, it is waterproof, has a high track, and has high tensile strength.
High Tensile Polypropylene Strapping Tape
High tensile polypropylene strapping tape is an excellent strapping tape made with high tensile strength polypropylene. It is perfect for securing pallets and heavy goods.
The synthetic rubber allows for a low elongation which provides superior strength.
For More Information on Filament Tapes, Go to Tape Jungle
Additional filament tape options and dispensers can be found on our filament tape page. Our knowledgeable staff is available during regular business hours to answer any questions you may have.